Friday, November 25, 2011

Why do parents encourage Teenagers to believe in Santa Claus?

Why do parents encourage teenagers who now know that santa isn't real, to still belive in him despite the fact that they themselves know that santa isn't real?Why do parents encourage Teenagers to believe in Santa Claus?
From the moment I found out, my mother encouraged me to ';play along'; for the sake of Christmas spirit. She never forced me to believe in a falsehood, per say, but encouraged me to find the magic in it. She explained it in this way when I was younger, and it was nice to keep the spirit alive...she told me the story of the real St. Nicholas and how he would go around in his little town and fill the childrens' shoes with goodies every year in celebration of the occasion. When he passed away, the parents of the town carried on the tradition in honor of the kindness and good hearted spirit that he was. It's nice for a teenager to be able to grasp and hold onto a tradition based on unselfishness and goodness. That's how I always saw it anyhow.Why do parents encourage Teenagers to believe in Santa Claus?
I think it is probably a few reasons. Maybe they dont wont them to spoil it for little children because my family has friends who are just like my litle babies the oldest is only two years younger than me and still believes but they love christmas and i think that it helps because if they just say santa isnt real there is no dought in my mind that they would tell someone. also they probably want kids to behave better.
'if you're good you get presents' - keeps the kids quiet.





same as:





'if you're good you get to go to heaven'. keeps the adults quiet.





same control mechanism just a different age range. same level of gullibility (a little more shameful for the adults, because... well, they're adults and should know better).
I'm a teenager and I still ';believe'; in Santa even though I know it's my mom putting the Wii under the tree because it makes me feel childish. Not the immature childish, but the ';haha I'm not a grown up yet and I don't have responsibilities'; childish. It makes me feel good!
My mom used to used Santa to make us believe that we need to be behaved and good to get what we want for Xmas and it seems effective... besides we got what we want for Xmas then.. And I think I'll do the same with my Kids but of course if they get older and ask if its true then I'll just tell them
Tradition and keep christmas in your heart not just your pocketbook. commerciallism of christmas seems so real! that Belief keeps it FUN! Christmas is spiritual but tradition makes it FUN! it's easier to share FUN! isn't it... I'm 50 years old and still believe in Santa Claus don't you a devine person brings things of Happiness more sadness! doesn't make heart all warm inside if you share with others JOY! and Warm feelings!


Remember some us don't have great days everyday there is just one day everyone can share! Christmas!
becuase when they were younger their parents thought to believe in Santa Claus and so they tell the same to their children
ahaha I've never heard of any parent encouraging their TEENS to believe in santa claus, thats just insanity!
I think they do it so the child will behave :/
So they don't ruin it for younger siblings?
To keep it fun. My eight year old has doubts but I told him to act like he beleives so that it would be more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment