Friday, July 30, 2010

I want to write fiction for teenagers. What do you want to read about?

I am a published writer and want to write for teenagers. I don't want to copy Twilight or Gossip Girls. What subjects or kinds of characters involving teenagers would you like to see dealt with in a novel? Did you like Jodi Picoult's books or The Lovely Bones type of book?I want to write fiction for teenagers. What do you want to read about?
Jodi Piccoult's books are great, Lovely Bones not so much. I'm into Sci-fi but less hard core Science fiction. More... girly? I geuss, not exactly though, kind of like the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield or The Host by Stephenie Meyer.





also, are you writing for girls or guys? because that changes everything, guys, as another answerer demonstrated, would be far more interested in reading a graphic discription of someone losing a finger. While girls... not so much.I want to write fiction for teenagers. What do you want to read about?
I like a lot of mystery and some horror books.





Right now I'm reading the Clique series and the Pretty Little Liars series. I've read Twilight, Harry Potter, and the Uglies series.





I like vampires, but that has been done a lot. I also like stories that teenagers can relate to. Like, and this is a bit of a stretch, A Child Called It. I'm not abused nor have I been, but I can sympathize with Dave.





Maybe you could write a good romance novel or one that makes you cry. Or even one that makes you laugh. I like to laugh. Or even a really good murder mystery with lots of plot twists that keeps me on the edge of my seat.
I personally like stuff that can't happen but around the present and injuries and death make it seem like it's more suspenseful because the reader will know that you are willing to kill a character. And add a lot of detail make the main character lose a finger or something that will really get the readers attention.
you should read lois lowry like the giver and gathering blue and then use those ideas to write your own book.


theyre great books with out-of-sight topics, and just because you use someone else's idea it doesnt mean it won't be original.


dragons are all right too. :) eragon was good!
umm, nobody reads gossip girl, at least that i know of





i liked jodi picoult's books a lot





science fiction/fantasy is popular but not the alien type


futuristic stories are cool





and don't forget to include some romance!!
Do something about there is 3 friends. 1 of them has to move and then all this bad stuff happens to them, and then the 1 who moved gets sick of it and runs away and goes back and stays with her friends.
I feel sorry for daizyh. Every editor I know says they are sick of dragons and throw all dragon manuscripts in the rubbish. Sorry!
I like supernatural-everyday fiction, like Meg Cabot's the Mediator series. Along those lines of her writing, like 'Jinx' or '1-800-WHERE-R-U' Happy writings.
hmm..


i like books about psychological issues.


maybe write a book about a psychopath or a teenager suffering from bipolar disorder?
Dragons! Write one about dragons.
something psychological but with some sort twist (like psycho telepaths)

No comments:

Post a Comment