Friday, July 30, 2010

Why is it that questions of an adult nature are not allowed here, yet teenagers can come here to socialize?

I have some serious questions that I'm dying to ask (after all, isn't this a question %26amp; answer website?). Yet, I can ask them because they are of an adult nature (not necessarily sexual though).





Why is it that a responsible adult can't ask a question of an adult nature here, yet teenagers can come here and turn this question %26amp; answer website into some type of social club? Why don't gay teens go on Myspace or something and form some type of group for gay teens?Why is it that questions of an adult nature are not allowed here, yet teenagers can come here to socialize?
IDK but I don't use it as a social sight and I answer those stupid questions with somehting in the line of go away and get on myspace or something.Why is it that questions of an adult nature are not allowed here, yet teenagers can come here to socialize?
Us teenagers are on here to express our opinions on Yahoo! Answers. The LBGT community is for EVERYONE showing the diversity between society and modernization. This is a place where we can express ourselves freely along with our emotions.


We are responsible and we are maturing as we go along.


We CAN go onto MySpace and Bebo and all those social networking sites but sometimes we come on here to actually belong to a certain society. I am on here helping people because I am a Psychologist in training and this is helping me understand. Accept that we are here please.





:)
With out knowing your questions (adult ones) its not possible to answer.





I have to say, some questions posted here are very much of an adult nature and often these come from kids so any you have that were removed must have been very over the top.





People need to remember that although this is a questions and answers section that is focused towards an adult topic, young people do visit and so do read our post. Yahoo have a responsibility to protect these kids. They use us users as the censors. They rely on people reporting post rather than them reading every post. So someone is reporting your post to Yahoo.





Maybe you could reword the post so that its not as easy to report?
Y!A is 13+, if I remember correctly. Ask away, and just ignore the childish answers. Just word it carefully so it doesn't freak out a 13 year old who stumbles across it.





Oh and I'm not on Myspace but if your friends can see recent activity then it could be awkward. None of my friends know I'm on Y!A and I don't give out details. I really appreciate being able to ask questions anonymously (%26lt;-- I'm fairly sure I mis-spelled that, spell check won't work for me)
There is no way on Y/A! to prove that you are an adult. So anyone can be on here. Although people on here are supposed to be at least 13 or 14, there are younger people on here.





It was suggested some time ago that there should be an over 18 section but the same problem would arise. How would you prove your age?
Because the teens are on this site.





Go to Pogo and play in the uncensured rooms. You can ask all the questions you want.





Or, I find that the discussions on Amazon.com are more interesting. They aren't as censured.
have you been in the beauty section? its 12 year olds going am i cute???? he he he! brats. dating and relationships is like 14 to 18 year olds, half of which are pregnant, talking about does he like me?





no kidding. i thought yahoo had age rules?
Im gay like most of the other people on this area(LGBT)why cant I talk on here?I have questions like everyone else.





Plus teenagers(most of them)aren't sweet and innocent like in the 50's.We hear about ';grown up';stuff.
It may be how you are wording them. I've seen some pretty adult themed questions get through.
I'm 28 and I've asked my adult questions here with no problems - I don't see a reason why you couldn't.
cuz we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment