Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teenagers!!!!!!!!!!!?

My 16 yr.old son wants one of his ears pierced! I mean should I or not? Does anyone have a suggestions?Teenagers!!!!!!!!!!!?
I don't think this could be one of the worst things that your son could ask for. He's 16, he could be asking for a lot worse at that age. At least if he ever decides he doesn't like it anymore, he can take it out and it will heal up.





I have two lip piercings and I got them done when I was 14. I still have them today, I'm 21. I haven't grown out of them, I still like them, and I'm sure the day will come when I will take them out, but that didn't stop me from getting it done. Life is too short to be concerned over a hole in the skin.


My parents let me get it done, and I appreciate them all the more for it. They let me make a decision, which made me feel really grown up at the time.


Don't worry, your son isn't trying to rebel against you. If he was, he would have gotten it along time ago without asking.


I wasn't trying to rebel against my parents, I simply wanted to get my lip pierced (twice) because I liked the way it looked.Teenagers!!!!!!!!!!!?
my husband of 22 years remembers going on a band trip in high school and sitting down in the chair to get his ear pierced. then, a very vivid picture of his dad yanking the ear ring out of his ear raced through his mind. lol. he didn't get his ear pierced. i can honestly say i would tell my 13 year old son, ';no';. as would my husband. we both stick together on the ';my house, my rules';.
best parenting advice is to not try so hard, dont give vague punishments, set specific ones to the problem to see how your kids deal with it, make them think. let him get his ears pierced but make sure he knows how to take care of it and what it will look like if he doesnt and it gets infected, ive seen those pictures theyre gross
honestly, an ear peircing isnt that bad; he can always take it out. But, ultimatly, it is your call. If you think it is appropiate, then allow it, and if not, then tell him no. But they are not bad, and it is very common today to see teenage boys with ear peircings.
Uggg...if you're really against him having one, tell him to wait until he's 18......but, you will be ';THE MEANEST MOM EVER!!!'; and ';WON'T UNDERSTAND HIM AT ALL!!!';





but, such is our lot as mothers.





P.S. Show him what a ';dweeb'; Harrison Ford looks like w/ his earing on in his 60's. Love Harrison.....Hate the Earring...
Well I'm 15 and I got a lip ring, but it doesn't make you a bad parent or anything, my mom thought I would get to the piercing place and chicken out....but I didn't....but who knows maybe he won't go through with it.








But its not that bad.


:)


Good Luck.
Eh, an ear piercing isn't that bad - I know a lot of guys who have one. (No, they're not gay.)





At least he's not asking for a lip ring.





If he's been good or something, I guess go ahead? Ear piercings won't scar up as badly, I'm sure.
i wouldnt let him.. your not suspose to pierce anything because your body is a holy temple for God...your not suspose to change it.. even though i did it when i was younger i dont wear them anymore... kinda wish i didn't do it though
It's not the rebel thing it once was. Unless you have really strong objections, let him. Tell him it hurts and will get infected easily if you want to discourage him.
If he really wants one and is prepared to care for it properly, then I'd probably say yes. But I would say no if he just wanted it to ';fit in'; or ';be cool.';
i think you should let him do it. it doesn't come with the same stigma as it did a while back. just make sure he takes care of it :P
There are much worse things he could ask for then his ear pierced alot of guys have it. Pick your battles.
I am not a big fan of ear ring for guys. I have 2 sons and told them that I would yank it out if I ever see them with ear rings.
Piercing can at least heal but I don't like it. But if you cave on this then what else will you.. but then if you say no then will he rebel in other ways?
my butt cheeks are pierced together.
let him. jeez... its just his ear. my mom let me get my nose pierced...
my brother is only 12 and he has his ear pierced...ask your son if this is what he really wants, because once its done, there is no going back in time
Its not that bad, ive seen many people with piercings that are boys.
It is only an ear. It will grow back..make a deal. let him do the ear and PROMISE he will not get tats or further piercings until he is 21.
You should let him. He will owe you one and he won't have his friends pierce it for him behind your back.
A hole will always heal up. Just make sure he knows that he needs to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected.
Let him do it. there is a lot more he could pierce or tatoo, so go with this one with an understanding that this is it.
well it really depends on his looks. but i would say yess i pierced my boyfriends ear and he looks really cute
He is old enough to know whats best for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment