Saturday, August 21, 2010

Teenagers?

What is this whole independence thing that you people want now. When my daughter turned 14 she wanted a job, the answer was NO. Now she's turning 15 %26amp; she wants a job to pay for her own car, the answer is still NO. What happened to the days when you guys said mom, can you buy me this %26amp; that? Why would someone whose 15 want to get a job, when they'll have YEARS ahead of them to work? I'm confusedTeenagers?
I also have a 15 yr. old daughter and soon to be 16 in May. Tell your daughter what I told mine, that is she will more than likely have to work most of her life and now is the time to be a teenager. And she can ensure that her school grades and any home work is at her very Best.And she has more time for Family %26amp; Friends. Because as a teenager she will have to work on weekends %26amp; evenings %26amp; only till a certain time that the Gov. allows. Even though she thinks she maybe able to handle school and work it will take alot out of her. I hope this will help.My daughter thought it over when I put it to her this way.And she is glad she is not working.Teenagers?
And Thank You for choosing my answer. As you can see some of the people that responded to your question got a job when they were in their teenage years and you can see in the spelling that it hurt them in the long run. Sure they lined their pockets with money, But what is lining their head

Report Abuse



i'm 16 and have a job, i never asked my parents for money, it just seemed odd to me, it wasn''t about independence it was just i wanted stuff so... i needed money, got a job





also i read an article where teens who have part time jobs under 20 hrs. a week become more organized and their grades or something go up, idk about that last part, but over 20 hrs. a week results in an increased chance of the teen dropping out
Im 15 and is in need of a job. It is normal for us 2 want a job!! Atleast u know that your daughter is willing to be responsible!
Um mm Mommy? Will you buy me a car too? *bats eyes*





Wow..If only I could hear my 16 year old say that....sigh....


You want to buy her a car...cool let her pay for half!


Seems like she is a very responsible teenager!


She can babysit?! I was a lifeguard at that age...LOL
Working is not a bad thing like you make it out to be ... we're not talking full time but a couple hours here %26amp; there. It's productive %26amp; helps teach children responsibility %26amp; other positive aspects for their future. By giving them everything %26amp; paying for their car, you turn them into selfish brats who don't appreciate what it takes to earn money %26amp; they later come to expect this from their husbands.
Hey, at least you didn't raise a spoiled daughter! I would think it's a good thing that she's not asking you for $$ like it grows on a tree in your back yard.





When I was 15 I wanted to have $$ so I could do what I wanted with it. Everytime I asked my parents for money or if I could get something they asked, ';what for'; or said, ';no';. I wanted cash flow that wasn't regulated by my parents.
I completely understand where your coming from but i can also remember what it felt like back when i was 15. Im 21 now and i remember when i was 15 i wanted a job because i was sick and tired of having to as my parents for lunch money, money to got o the mall. Its was the whole point of that i was working for my money and no one was going to be able to take that money away from me. I worked when i was 15 and i wanted to save up for a car cuz i knew that my parents didnt want me driving but if I PAID for the car they had nothing to say because it was MY car. This whole thing about wanting to work at a young age is just their way of saying they want to have something they can call their OWN. they live in YOUR HOUSE, FOLLOW YOUR RULES, they just want to have something that they worked for and know that no one can take that away
From what I understand, the only job a teen can legally obtain is baby-sitting, mowing lawns, or working in a family-owned business. Most employers won't hire younger than 16.
well for one if u have a job u can buy ur own stuff and pay ur own bills....that way when u get in trouble n ur parent wants 2 say well im takin this or i aint payin 4 that....it has less affect cus u brought it and u pay for it.
man your a good mom i wish my mom was like that your daughter should be lucky she has a mom like you some girls would die for what she has
well for one if u have a job u can buy ur own stuff and pay ur own bills....that way when u get in trouble n ur parent wants 2 say well im takin this or i aint payin 4 that....it has less affect cus u brought it and u pay for it.
Well, first of all you are a very nice mother to offer buying your daughter a car, many kids would love to have that opportunity. But I'm curious, in most states you have to be at least 16 to get a job, and even still it can be difficult to find a job at such a young age. However, I think working shows Independence and responsibility and those are good characteristics to have at such a young age. If she HAS to have a job, you both should reach a compromise, a babysitting job on the weekends would be a good way for her to earn alittle extra money without spending to much time. Let her work, just try to monitor her hours.
What the hell is $20 a week?! Thats not even close to $5 a day. It shows that she wants to be responsible and to be ready for adulthood, dont'cha think? Just talk to her and ask what type of job she wants, help her build her resume and her communication skills,do you know where to look for a job, and if you dont like the job shes looking @ just tell her no. have restrictions. im sure she dont wanna be a stripper or none of that. i don't know why you complaining about the small/good stuff. She wants to feel a heavy pocket that she earned all by her own. At least shes not the type of girl that wants to dress like a hoe go out @ all hours of the night have sex do drugs run up the phone bill and all that fun stuff.ujst let her do the positive until you edge her on to do the negative.. got me?
im 15 and i want a job .there is nothing wrong with that if we feel that we are mature enough then you should be glad we are taking responsiblity
hahaha, i wish you were my mom. My mom made me get a job at 14.
I agree. Will you buy me one too...please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow my parents Keep screaming at me to get a job.


and their making me my own car
I wish my parents were like that. I'm 16 and they want me to get a job so I can get a car and pay for it.
Buy her a car so she can get to work. Why don't you want her to work?
Shes growing up you have to face it. Let her have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment