Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is true love; do teenagers really understand wht itis all about?

I'm trying to prove that teenagers, even if they do understand the concept of true love, they aren't mature enough to deal with the responsibilities of being in loveWhat is true love; do teenagers really understand wht itis all about?
Hey, I completely understand your skepticism on whether teenagers can really be in love, I'm 14 myself, and I probably would have thought the same way some time ago. But I've come to see that there are plenty of adults even that do not understand love. I honestly believe it has nothing to do with a person's age, but their experiences. I could explain to you that I really am in love with one person, but unless you've felt the same way for someone yourself, you probably wouldn't take my explanation seriously. I think Steve Carell's character in the movie ';Dan, In Real Life'; really sums it up when he expresses that, ';Love isn't a feeling, it's an ability.'; Let me also say that I'm a completely logical and realistic person so I typically role my eyes at many my age who claim they're 'in love' but, it can be real for some people even at this age. Give us a little credit, please. :)





Oh, and I'm not talking about loyalty or commitment, I am purely referring to love in this response.What is true love; do teenagers really understand wht itis all about?
I never really thought of it as an age thing. It's true, most teenagers probably don't have the mental capacity or maturity to handle being in love, but that doesn't eliminate all teenagers, I think. Just look at those people who marry their highschool sweetheart and stay together for 20+ years (rare, but they're there).





I think what it is, is that we teenagers confuse infatuation for love, and so we call it as such. So *shrugs* that's all I got.
I thought, when I was a teen, that I knew what love was. Now, at 47, I realize that I had no concept of real love until I was in my 30's.





I realize that every one is different, but I don't think most teens can handle (or should have to handle) the responsibilities and consequences of being in love.





Just my opinion.
Oh my goodness. Dear, everyone thinks that teenagers have no idea what theyre doing and cant handle a serious relationship and all of that. Id like to point out something. Dont High School Sweethearts who get married have a serious relationship WHILE THEYRE TEENS? Most teenagers are immature and are just looking for a little bit of ';action';. However, some are serious about being in relationships with people. Im currently in a relationship with a guy that I know is the one. Weve been dating for 4 and a half months, and both of us know that we want to be with eachother for the rest of our lives. Now, we are both more mature than others, which helps our seriousness, if thats a word. Anyways, Im somewhat offended by the fact that adults believe that teenagers do not know what theyre doing and cant handle a serious relationship. But some of us can. :]
I don't believe that teenagers have the life experiences under their belts yet to fully fathom ';true love'; and the responsibilities that come with it. I say this as someone who was a teenager once, and is now in their mid-thirties with teenage kids of my own.
I would not go confining this to teenagers.





I have know adults who have no idea.





I have also know adults (males) who let a lady come along and under the umbrella of love, she will take total control of his life.
Age has nothing to do with ones understanding of true love. It all lies in maturity and perspective.
it really depends on people. Some teens really love with their hearts but some don't.





Adults, why are there people out there still cheat on their partners?
I'm so agree with you and belive me or not teenagers love never last!
I certainly didn't! You gotta play the field

No comments:

Post a Comment